I am taking the True North Arts Vision Journaling Workshop with Kathryn Antyr and am finding it very helpful in facilitating my creative journey. At this point I have created the journal collage for the first week which is pictured below and have started on making the ATCs to go with it. I wrote out a list of intentions for the ATC cards on my lunch break at work and keep a notebook handy there to record creative thoughts that come. This whole vision journaling process has given me more awareness of things that I am struggling with and how to address these things.
- The cat jumped up on my work space, sniffed the flame of the candle and ran away, startled but uninjured.
- I am just not comfortable with candles anyway due to the fire danger and need to honor my own feelings.
- I am having problems locating my tools and supplies (where are my markers, where is the spray bottle, etc).
- My creative supplies are still scattered around and I need to take the time to go through everything and reorganize.
- It is an effort to carve out a block of time, create a work space, and get focused on one thing, but I am doing it.
- Once I get started I am fine and lose myself in the process. The dining room table seems to be the best place to create.
~~~ Comments are moderated ~~~