December brings the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year. December brings holidays, family gatherings, and renewal of friendships. December brings a flurry of activities as well as a quiet contemplation of all the things in life to be grateful for, however large or small. December can also be a lonely time and it is important to reach out to others and let them know that you are there. It is also important to reach out to others when you are feeling alone as that will bring you outside of your inner world.
I have experienced a tremendous amount of growth and healing this year. From somewhat tentative steps taken over the past few years to make my life better, I have found self acceptance and self confidence that was not there before. I have been through a lot of very difficult times but I kept going and did not give up. There are a number of things that have made a difference in my life and I want to honor those here.
• Online art communities, online art classes, and art journaling
• Deepened, reciprocal relationships with my children as young adults
• My job, where I feel a sense of belonging and appreciation
• My friends, there for me even when I feel a need to pull back and withdraw
• My family, always there even when we don’t see each other often enough
• My doctors, who keep me healthy - can’t say enough good things about them
• My favorite person, for making it safe to open my heart and to trust
• The earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, the water, the sky above us all
• My faith in God and my belief that everything happens for a reason
~~~ Comments are moderated ~~~